Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Golden Girl

Recently I have been wearing a lot of golden eye makeup - I thought I would show you two looks that I have done this week. It's definitely my go-to colour at the moment for when I am going out in the evening or going somewhere special in the daytime.

 

Look one:

This is a slightly more bronzed look for the shadow colours - I used Maybelline's 24hour Colour Tattoo in On and on Bronze all over the lid and then used Virgin from my Urban Decay Naked Palette for the inner third of my eyelid. A little bit of Sidecar (Naked Palette) which is a pale nude brown but packed with glitter - and then a bit of blending with my Real Techniques crease brush and the look was complete. 

The rest of my face is pretty simple, MaXfactor FaceFinity Foundation in Natural with Rimmel's Wake Me Up Concealer under my eyes. For blush and contour I used MaXfactor's blush in Natural Glow then I dusted Rimmel Natural Bronzer (022 Sun Bronze) over my nose, under my cheekbones and across my hair line. I love Benetint with my Balmi over the top so that completed the look. (Check out my review of my new Rimmel Concealer and Balmi here) I used my Gosh eyebrow palette to do my eyebrows and I swept a bit of MUA's Undress Your Skin highlighter over my cheekbones. 

Look Two:



This look has a more classic gold eye, I did use a little of the Maybelline 24hour Colour Tattoo (On and on Bronze) again but only a very light application of it. I then used Half Baked from my Naked palette over the inner third and into the centre of my lid. I used some of the colour Sin (Naked Palette) over the top half of the inner third to blend the gold out a little. My face is done similarly to above except I used my Nearly Naked foundation by Revlon (in Vanilla) mixed with my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow (in Honey) I used the same blush (MaXfactor in Natural Glow) and Rimmel Apocalips in Nova for my lips (I think I may have also added some Balmi over the top to add a little more shine).

Gold is such a great colour all year round and can go from day to night really easily - dress it up or down and add eyeliner in brown or black and you can really change the look. Use brown shadows with the gold to create an extra smokey eye or use light shimmery colours to keep it fresh.

Em x
p.s My skin colour doesn't change as drastically as it looks like it does in the photos! Sorry, but I can't control the daylight which is what makes the photos look so different lighting-wise. I took these photos on different days and at different times so obviously the sun wasn't shining quite the same! Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here :)