Pages

Sunday 7 July 2013

Printed Trousers OOTD

Yesterday I had been at work, all day. I hate being inside all day when it's so sunny and lovely and warm and you just want to be outside getting a tan and soaking up the rays. When I got home I did the first makeup and hair trial for my friend's wedding and that seemed to go well, she said she liked it and I just hope she really did. I need to work a bit on the eyeliner, that's always the most tricky part of doing someone elses eyes - getting the end (the flick) perfect is hard as everyone likes slightly different shapes and peoples eye shapes differ so much. I would love to show photos - and I do have some, but I don't want anyone seeing anything that is actually very close to the look that she'll wear on the day as that'll spoil the surprise!! Guess you'll just have to wait until the end of December!





Then I relaxed at home and thought I might take my friends dogs for a bit of a walk in the evening sun. I wanted an outfit that is comfy and cool so that I didn't over heat! I bought these trousers on a trip to Primark when visiting friends in Birmingham a couple of years ago and I love them. They are really airy and it's like wearing a maxi skirt but even less restricting. The top is from Topshop and was in their sale, I bought it when I got the lace top that I wore over the maxi dress in my last post. It's a good top to wear with high waisted patterned skirts and shorts and in this case, trousers. 



I don't know where the bangle is from but I love it, it was a birthday or christmas present last year and it looks handmade. It's gorgeous but I don't wear it a lot as it's heavy and my wrists are pretty slim and it tends to fall halfway down my hand. I think I shall start trying to wear it more though.




As I had been doing my friends makeup yesterday I decided to do my own properly too. I chose to use a palette that my Mum gave me for Christmas - the Lid Stuff Palette by Soap & Glory in Off The Wall Flowers - I didn't use the blue colour from it but I did use both the purples and the gold as a highlighter. I also used:


Revlon Naked Foundation in 120 Vanilla mixed with Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 53 Light Beige
Bourjois Limited edition 'Paris' blush in 74 Rose Ambre  (it may only be the packaging that was limited edition. My one has broken and the lid has come off so I can't travel with it but I like to use it at home still. 
Rimmel Natural Bronzer in 022 Sun Bronze I have been desperate for a new bronzer for ages and this one says it's waterproof - WIN.
Makeup Academy 'Undress Your Skin' Shimmer Highlighter This is also a new purchase.
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 003 Peach Glow
MaXfactor Lipstick in 510 English Rose
Gosh Brow Kit I am wearing the darkest colour in the kit but I could wear the medium one too.
Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in Blackest Black
Barry M Bold Black Kohl eyeliner




Hair Bow - Accessorize, Sunglasses - from a magazine, Necklace - a present (Topshop), Belly Bar - Camden Market, Trousers - Primark, Bangle - a present, Watch - Accurist (H Samuels), Shoes - Sainsburys. 


As you can tell I decided to take my hair down about halfway through taking the photos so there is a bit of a change of look! The hair bow is actually a long headband but I wrapped it around the bun.


Have a lovely day whatever your plans are! 

Em x



No comments:

Post a Comment

comment here :)