Pages

Sunday 11 August 2013

Back to Brunette

In October last year I dyed my hair ombré and I loved it, my hair was only just past my shoulders and I hated it at that length so I was desperate to do something to change it up a bit. I loved the ombré and I redyed it in April. Not that I really needed to but I wanted to make the ends a little lighter. It sort of worked but not as well as i'd hoped as I used the same Garnier kit again, in the same colour and there wasn't much difference. My hair had grown though so the blonde just went a little higher when I did it again. 

Anyway, it's been 10 months since I first dyed it and I got bored again. I thought about buying a lighter blonde dye to make it blonder at the ends but my hair would hate me for it. I know that dying your hair darker shades is much less damaging than light 'bleach' colours so I decided that I would go back to brown. I've been red in the past but I didn't know how well that would dye over the ombré blonde. I came back from camping and was planning on buying hair dye the next day but when I told my mum it turns out she'd bought a spare hair dye for herself but now thought it may be too dark so she gave it to me. It was the L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme in shade 5 Natural Brown. 

My hair went from this:


To this:

 


It was darker than I expected from the packaging on the box but you can never really tell with hair dyes. What I am pleased with though is the fact that it has covered up the blonde well, without there being a difference between the top of my hair and the ends. I didn't really put the colour on in any special way. Nothing different to how i've done a full colour before. I start with my parting and the front hairline and then put as much colour as I can on the ends quickly before rubbing it through the mid-lengths just as I would if I was shampooing my hair. I just try to get colour on all my hair as quickly but throughly as I can. 

I really like it, I was worried about the fact it is quite dark but actually it's a much closer colour to my eyebrows when it's dark like this and at least it didn't go black like it has done before when I used a very dark brown dye. I'm glad to be brunette again (fully brunette at least) the blonde was fun but it's always nice to change it. I hope I don't want to re-dye it again too soon though, this is a permanent dye so it should last but I don't know. I would like to stay this colour for as long as possible.

Here is an OOTD for you as well because I was so pleased with my hair that I decided to do a little photo shoot.




Top - George @ ASDA,  Cardigan - Wallis (Charity shop find), Jeans - Leigh Skinny Jeans from Topshop, Heeled Brogues - New Look.

I love those shoes, they are so gorgeous that actually myself and two of my friends bought them at the same time! There is nothing wrong with buying the same stuff as your friends are - it's just a little awkward when you all turn up wearing the exact same. 

Do you like dying your hair? Do your friends and yourself buy the same stuff? I know one of my best friends and I bought the same bag on the same day without knowing the other had even seen it... Incredibly weird, and we used the bags when we saw each other too, not on purpose - we just forgot that the other had it!

Em x




1 comment:

comment here :)